Monday, October 31, 2016

A Bird Walk and Some Luck



Last Sunday, I took a walk at the Papscanee Island Nature Preserve.  I have been there a few times and it is a great place to look for birds.  It has woods, fields and beach area on the Hudson River which, all give different chances to see a number of birds.

I had been walking around for awhile and hadn't seen much of anything for birds.  The highlights up to then were some Yellow-rumped Warblers and some White-throated Sparrows in a brushy area by the Hudson River.  After watching them for a little while and not having any success getting a decent photo, I headed down the trail to head back to my car.  I came around a bend in the trail and saw this...



The light wasn't great since it was early and cloudy too but this male(I believe) Bald Eagle sat there for a little until it took off and I was able to snap(first photo) one decent flight shot before he was gone.

Happy Birding and to those lucky encounters with our feathered friends!


1 comment: