Monday, June 26, 2017

Wildlife Around The Nests

Great-blue Heron

I take a number of non-eagle pictures around the eagle nests.  All the nests are on prime real estate on the rivers and streams around the Capital Region of New York.  These areas that attract eagles to nests also attract other wildlife.  I have been trying to figure out how to post these pictures.  I guess, I will let them speak for themselves with a little commentary...



Right after, the heron took off to find a more private spot.


I have seen a lot of Beavers this season.  Off course, these guys love the water.


I almost tripped over this Snapping Turtle sunning itself in the grass.


Other birds are nesting and raising their young too during the long breeding season of the Bald Eagle.



White-tailed Deers are a common viewing at the nests.


This Northern Mockingbird was very cooperative and posed nicely on the top of a lighthouse lawn ornament.


Colorful birds like this Baltimore Oriole help to pass the time when the nesting season isn't particularly exciting.

Happy Birding!



No comments:

Post a Comment